Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need help for my thesis- automatic dimmer using microcontroller activated via light

Status
Not open for further replies.
if you visit these site you can download free software ....

Ah, my apologies, my mistake ! :oops: - did not realise you were refering to those trial versions.

As I am sure you know many people do download and use illegal version of the full Proteus.
Just that a lot of companies are starting to sue people who operate or get involved in illegal file sharing, ending up with big fines or jail !

thank you sir...
sir lockman sir ckshivaram gave me a code but it is only for a lamp desk but my project is applied to rooms as a substitute for the cfl's same how it operates can u pls modify the code sir?

if i post it to you..you will learn nothing..
dont worry..just do simple programming first..
get yourself familiar..
than post your code here if something is wrong..
we will help you..:)

sir may problem is the time.. i should make it before January 28 :'(

i willing to learn but if cant make it on the date i will have a big problem :(

first, learn how to blink LED using PIC..
second, learn how to use ADC on the PIC..
third, Combine that have i state above and your project will done..

sir i know already how to blink a led sir what is adc?

adc ia Analog Digital Converter.. it include in 16F877A.. which is at Port A and Port E.. ADC is use to convert Analog signal to Digital signal.. did you what is different btween analog signal and digital signal?

yes sir i know the maening of digital ang analog signal.digital is only either 1 or 0 but in analog it may not be zero or 1 :)

yes sir in the programming i use proteus and mplab.. i dont know how to program it :(

sir i want to have a led maybe i will parallel so that i cant have 20watts...

what im aiming is that the user can select either automatic mode/manual mode...
in automatic mode the device/ the leds will adjust the light depending on the light of the sorrounding e.i. Light of environment + Light of the LEd=desired

so if the light of the envi gets high the light of the LED will dim and if the light of the envi is low the light of the led will produce more light...so in short inversely proportional..

on the 2nd mode the user can select from 3 different level of light...

and sir there should be a LCD displaying the mode of the device and if not too complicated the lumen output..

sir kindly help me :) i will be very thankful if you help me because you will be part of the reason why i will pass in the 4th yr..

thank you sir

Last edited:

User Projects - mikroElektronika Use one of their compilers for your code, they have a free trial ones for basic,C,pascal and look at the code there is free sample code that has everything you need.They are very helpful toward students with special discount etc.

Read the datasheet of you micro from start to end it's okay if you don't know it all but it will give you good background of what the micro can do.

The more features you build into your project the more memory and ram you will need so it means a larger micro.

Maybe you must do all the mathematics and design of your theses on paper and then build it - at least you will pass the theory and have enough points?

I would like to help some more but I don't have enough spare time - remember you project can be done with simple analog electronics similar to a day night switch or shall we say day night dimmer.
bright room = dim led / dark room = bright led.

some one help me and its ok if the design is not using microcontroller..pls..

Ok. Do you know how comparators work you can build your whole circuit using a comparator or op-amp with a few extra parts. I don't know if you are still interested. if you look at AC dimmer circuits and want to use UltraBright led's you are a bit on the wrong track I suppose anything is possible but I would suggest that you just use the concept not the circuits.The normal dimmer works by turning the AC-Mains circuit on/off or "cutting" the AC sine wave in slices. REMEMBER a normal light buld turns on/off at 50/60hz AC but your eyes don't see it.If you use and LED it needs depending on make and model eg.1.1v-2.2v DC so it will start to emit light at say 1.1v and be at full brightness at 2.2v you have to decide are you going to "dim" the led's or have a scenario where you turn on 1 led when it is bright around you or maybe 10 when it is dark around you.Just remember normally comparators will compare 2 voltages and either turn on or off depending on the setup.Please try and make a drawing of what your project should look like and what it it is suppose to do, for example just use ms-paint draw your light where you want to put the sensor's etc.Then just draw a simple flowchart what you want the light to do.I say this just to get clear picture of what your vision of the project is.There are a lot of way's to solve this problem it ALL depends on what you want to achieve.Are you going to actually build it? or are you just doing the thesis on paper give us as much info as possible in one go and we can help you.We all have ideas how to tackle a problem but if you ask any of us what is 1+1 the all of us will say 2.I hope you see what I'm trying to do is just solve your problem.Just Do-it!

epanorama.net/documents/lights/lightdimmer.html

there is a circuit there for a automatic dimmer is that correct?
the on ebelow Simple voltage controlled dimmer
thank you

Remember these lightdimmer's are for AC mains

is this correct for automatic dimmer for 230 volts 60hz application? thanks

the first is for LED dimmer and 2nd picture is for LED bulb is that correct?

does the ldr can handle the current and voltage that it will hold?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back