Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need help for my thesis- automatic dimmer using microcontroller activated via light

Status
Not open for further replies.

eemark

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
pls i need your help.it should work for example the sensor sense a samll amount of light so the bulb is in the maximum brightness.and if the light in the surrounding goes brighter the bulb light will dim until the light of the bulb is ok with the human eye.i mean the light of the bulb is adjustable depending on the light of the sorrounding.the lower the light in the sorrounding the greater light will be produce by the bulb.
pls i need your help.
anyone can post a design of the circuit and also a source code for it?
pls i need it asap :(
thank you for those who will help

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

---------- Post added at 18:45 ---------- Previous post was at 18:44 ----------

**broken link removed**

Reactions: eemark

eemark

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
thank you sir :)
hopefully others post their ideas :(
im just a beginner on microcontroller pls i badly needed your help

Hi,

What micro, light sensor do you want to use and what voltage is the bulb you want use, this will help with how simple or complex your circuit has to be.

i would like to use it as a substitute for the bulbs in the classrooms
i want to use LED.is it ok 12volts?

higher voltage value, higher resistor value u need to use..by using V = IR, make sure the current is below 20mA to be supply to the LED..for example if you use 5V then u can use 330R resistor..what microcontroller u want to use? PIC? what programming language u like to use?

eemark

sir do you think it will save energy?
hmm. im planning to use assembly language,pic sir.
but my problem is i dont have any idea im just a beginner.
pls help me with the codes and the circuit

yes..it will save energy.. im not recommend you to use assembly..try use C++..if you learn C++ it not only can be use to PIC, but also to computer programming..

u can use mikro C compiler here is the link
mikroC PRO for PIC - C compiler for PIC microcontroller - mikroElektronika

when you already install it, go to the help menu..you can see many sample of programming and include the wiring of the PIC.

eemark

sir where i can draw the diagram of the circuit and connect to the code?

i have proteus sir.. you mean i will draw the circuit there and connect it to the microc?

sir on the copy of thesis you gave me is the program enough to power a parallel LEDs maybe 20watts

im sorry if i have many questions. im just a beginner :(

oh no my proteus is not working :( where i can download proteus?

Last edited:

software programs can configure and control the devices conneced to controller, but cannot make it compatible to be interfaced to controller... you need proper drivers and circuit to be used to interface your eexternal hardware to controller.....

you get help of someone near you to get the circuit and hardware compatible to interface to controller....

proteus is free software available in google.... you will get it easily...

Hi,

proteus is free software available in google.... you will get it easily...

Hmmmm ... Pirates of the Indian Ocean ....

Think these people might disagree with that ... **broken link removed**

martix for this

consists of rfpics and small program core to each floors master chip {can be on an if master fails another becomes master net}

each pic just has an ir motion sensor and a balast control pwm and switching i/o pair

leaving 4 i.o free for other use ie security etc

each rfpic has 6 or more i/o

so rf pic is the way when your walking around

Pirates of the Indian Ocean ....

Think these people might disagree with that ... **broken link removed**

sorry WP100.. i did not understand your comment. but i think its better not to pass comment. There is no harm in using free softwares.... students and hobbyiest cannot afford to buy the licence software....

if you visit these site you can download free software ....

Proteus Lite - Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Download.com
**broken link removed**

sir how can i know if my program has errors?

if your program is wrong..you cant compile it..software will tell you if you have do wrong with the program..
but..if the program can compile but it not working like the way you want..that mean you need to change your program..

for proteus go to you tube..it can help you..

eemark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back