Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help...for Embedded Ethernet Using RTL 8019AS

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeTZ

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
avr + rtl8019as project

Hello all,

I'm a 3'rd year student in Indonesia. I've had an experience in programing AVR using C language.

Now i have project to build an embedded Ethernet using RTL 8019AS and AT89S52 as controller.

My goal is just connect my device to a computer and the computer will control my device. And then that device will do what the computer command (e.q turn on led).

I've built this device, RTL 8019AS is used as external memory by AT89S52. It's started at 8000H. I use Keil C and MON 51.

I need some literature about RTL 8019AS that explain how RTL 8019AS works with ISA Bus. Because in my opinion, MCU is used as computer by RTL 8019AS.

8019as 8051

There is an existing open source project that should help you. It is using the same Ethernet chip along with a ATMEGA microcontroller. The project is the Ethernut.

http://www.ethernut.de/

I looked into this some years ago. The RTL 8019AS can be configured into 8 bit mode. This way, you only have to worry about transferring a byte at a time which makes it much easier on your port resources. From the open source code at the site listed above, you can see how they are emulating the ISA accesses.

BeTZ

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
module 8019as

Hi, I am on a similar project with RTL8019As and PIC18F4420, If you want some code I can't post you or you can't visit this website **broken link removed**

BeTZ

8051 ethernet rtl

thanks all,

n banjo, can i ask one thing....,

could u tell me how to check that my MCU is connected with my RTL ??

i've check that this way, by accessing the 800AH (RTL ID0)address using pointer but there is nothing happened (output in P1). is my way correct ?
or RTL need initialization before used.

thanks for help.

rtl8019as + keil

why can't you go for simple parallel port,serial port interfacing. If you want to use ethernet port interfacing with computer, it is a tough task. I had done it earlier with RTL8019AS,for that you had to implement TCP/IP stack on AVR which is complicated. If you want to use open source, search 'uip' in google, then you will get help, if you don't have knowledge of networking and tcp/ip protocols,you better go for parallel port/serial port.

bibin john
www.bibinjohn.tk

8019as source open

maybe this can helpful you to finish your project

BeTZ

rtl8019as

Hi BeTZ,

I guess I was not clear enough. I never really built this device. I only researched it some time ago. It did not do what I needed, so I did not develop the project.
If the device is not responding, then I would suspect that something is not connected right or the appropriate ports on the microcontroller are not configured right.

Perhaps this other list would help you.
**broken link removed**
This gentleman has connected the 8019 to an AVR and used the BASCOM basic compiler. BASCOM used to have a free version with a limited size and supported the 8051. Perhaps you could port at least the starting point of his code to the 8051 and then use it to test out your hardware.

Another site that deals directly with the 8051 was already mentioned above by laur3nt1us. If you dig through this site you will find details on starting up and configuring the chip.
**broken link removed**

initialization rtl8019

This project is for PIC 16F877A but I think it is very useful for you.

**broken link removed**

Cheers,

Phuong

ethernut indonesia

Can You help me with MMLan2 Ethernet module based on RTL8019AS, and CCS compiler. I 've got hardware, but I can not check if it's working. I wrote simple code to check it. It initialize RTL8019AS (ethernet module in PC is up), but do not send eny data (Ethereal sniffer do not receive any packet).

If someone will able to give me advice I 'll send him extra informations and code.

I'm looking for help everywhere but till now no one replied on my question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back