Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help for designing a slotted waveguide array using Elliott's equations

Status
Not open for further replies.

ixtad

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello all,

I've searched the forums for similar threads, but it seems that most of them are either unanswered or address a different issue from mine, so here goes.

I've been trying to design a 6x16 (6 rows with 16 slots in each row) slotted waveguide array. I used MATLAB to calculate each slot's length and offset using Elliott's design equations. The problem is, when calculating the parameter for my antenna I find that sometimes it's impossible to fulfill Elliott's first design equation, which makes the solutions fail to converge. I'm not sure if this is a mistake on my code, or whether there are some other design considerations when designing a slotted waveguide array.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Hi ixtad ..!!

What is the current state of ur work with the array..?? I would like to have a look at your code, is it possible to share it with me ??

I 'v design 14 longitudinal slots on a dielectric filled waveguide and simulated it with hfss. but i want to do that with mutual coupling in MATLAB and compare it with my simulation so i need to have this matlab code for design slots with Elliott's equation. can you help me plz. I don't have enough time that do it alone.:-(
thank you.

IMG_20140221_183012.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Hi dear
In design slot array, the most factor is obtaining accurate self admittance.When you use Elliott's first design equations,if your admittance does not accurate, you have a tolerance in Elliott's first design equation that lead to fail to converge.

Best regards
Amin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back