Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help for camera interfacing with xilinx virtex 5 FPGA kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

zahra.asl

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i m doing my project for video filtering using xilinx virtex 5 FPGA kit for real time videos
i want to interface camera with the kit for real time implementation.
can anyone help me about which digital camera will be better to use or can i use usb camera
for interfacing.
can you plz help me about any research paper or something like this for camera interfacing?
thankyou

I suggest you dont use a usb camera. a USB interface is very difficult to implement on an FPGA. An analogue camera connected to an ADC would be easiest.

I suggest you dont use a usb camera. a USB interface is very difficult to implement on an FPGA. An analogue camera connected to an ADC would be easiest.

which camera will be then easy for use?
or can digital camera be useful?

it depends how it connets. Like a said, an analogue NTSC or PAL camera can be connected to a video decoder to make life easiest for you. Other cameras may need specific IP to interface to them (USB is very complicated, as is ethernet).

As a beginner, I highly recommend the anaglogue option.

it depends how it connets. Like a said, an analogue NTSC or PAL camera can be connected to a video decoder to make life easiest for you. Other cameras may need specific IP to interface to them (USB is very complicated, as is ethernet).

As a beginner, I highly recommend the anaglogue option.

thankyou 4 ur help :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back