Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help for calculate n2(kerr effect) in Rsoft fullwave

Status
Not open for further replies.

optic

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi there
I'm trying simulate a coupled cavity photonic crystal switch
including kerr effect,but i don't know how can calculate n2
for given refractive index change and power?
Can anyone help me?

I am doing my Thesis in Analysis and design of metallodielectric photonic crystal filter ,I have to get R and T(reflection and transmition of fields) of the filter that i have to design in IR Visible and UV range,so how femlab can help me and how can i run it for using in design filter,i studied its help and became familiar with it somehow but i need to know more how to use it,for example how to design and give information for running it to get answer.
plz if you can ,guide me.
my email address is blueblue2000550002@yahoo.com
best regards

Reactions: suan70

suan70

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
i studied a paper and wrote "The linear refractive index of this nonlinear optical materials is 1.5 and its kerr cofficient is 10^-16 m^2/W"
How can i use this numbers in the Rsoft software?my means is must where is type this numbers?

my e-mail address is : "djrasoolgator@yahoo.com"
thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back