Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help for buying a server....

Status
Not open for further replies.

kgec

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I need to run a windows based simulation software for my research work. It takes about 4 hr to complete the simulation on my AMD Athlon 2800+ with 1GB DDR400 RAM running on win xp sp2 platform. I want to complete the above simulation in 1 hr. Pls recommend me for the same. You may notice that the main requirement is processing speed, not the reliability or the fail safe architecture of the server. If the multiple desktop can be connected to do the same, then give me the info. of the service providers who can do this.:?:

I had an P4 3.2GHz with 1.3G memory before and my compile-synthesis were taking about 3 hours, upgrading to an AMD Phenom 4 core 3 GHz system with 4GB memory cut the time to 25 minutes for me.

I am not sure if this will be the same for you, but it give you an idea of such possibilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back