Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help finding a suitable latching relay

Status
Not open for further replies.

ginterh

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I want to find a suitable latching relay for my heat pump, which uses about 1,250 kW of energy and I want to control it with my Raspberry Pi.
If the nominal contact AC voltage is 250 V, then the max contact current should be at least 5 A for it to work?
Also the coil input voltage is limited to 5V from my controller.
I've been looking for it from farnell.com, there's a large selection of different latching relays but the max contact current is 3A max.

choose a relay with 2rt or 3rt, that is with 2 or 3 commuting circuits in parallel
with that, you can use 2 circuits in parallel and cable them, you will be able to get 6A throught it. (or 9A if you have a 3RT relay)

maybe:
https://si.farnell.com/panasonic-ew/dk1a-l-5v-f/relay-spno-10a-5vdc-tht-latching/dp/2095621

RELAY, SPNO, 10A, 5VDC, THT, LATCHING
Product Range: PANASONIC EW - DK Series
Coil Voltage: 5VDC
Contact Current: 10A
Contact Voltage VAC: 250V
Contact Voltage VDC: 30V
Contact Configuration: SPST
Relay Mounting: Through Hole
SVHC: No SVHC (20-Jun-2013)
Coil Current: 20mA
Coil Type: DC
Coil Voltage VDC Nom: 5V