Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need help, attiny moving text

Status
Not open for further replies.

orowodol

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi sir, this is my first project to build attiny moving text with serial interface.

source from here **broken link removed**

I think all of the manufacture of hardware is correct and has filled the hex file into attiny also true. but his results do not display the alphabetic characters. what I'm ordering from delphi program the hardware does not function at all. with or without a command from the serial port, it displays the same results only 7x5 dot light box, lit from right to left without any form of characters written.
about which there is a problem? I suspect he made a delphi program from your computer to interface dotmatrix device is not working. because when the program starts to give commands to the device dot matix, tx & rx indicator light on my computer does not flash at all, unlike other programs that use a serial interface that is always the indicator blinks when the program is run. thanks for ur attention

look like this

First of all check the AVR oscillator part. It needs 2 condensators about 22p. Read this part in the AVR datasheet

is this what you mean?

I think the whole installation of the hardware is good enough. that so the problem is whether the Delphi program to interface from the computer to truly Combination function?

Do you want to try this program on your computer? I just wanted to make sure this program works well

click here to download program. (interface from computer to the hardware) **broken link removed**

Is there not willing to help me? or this is a fail project ? but why the author is still active web?

like anything in life, you should try to isolate the problem and figure out where the problem is.

in your case, you should try to make sure that the mcu is running in the real hardware; then you should make sure that the display portion of it is working; then you should make sure that uart portion of the code is working, etc.

just being able to solder a board with components isn't going to take you too far. you have to understand how the circuit / software work.

Status
Not open for further replies.