Status
Not open for further replies.

compugeni

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi guys i have a question for a replacement component cause i had hard time finding it, the component i am talking about is an audio output transformer, It consists of an 8 ohm coil and a 1000 ohm coil and it is like the one on Radio Shack website https://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2103254&cp

i really want to find an alternative component to it and have the same effect on audio signal, i want to amplify it, so if anyone know another component that can replace it please inform me and the reason why i can't order it online is that i need it urgently and it takes time for shipment and i am in a big hurry.

thanks in advance.

Re: Need help : an alternative component to audio transforme

compugeni,
I haven't checked lately, but Radio shack used to carry a line of 70V transformers. To get the impedance ratio you need, you would have to use the 5Watt tap. The closest you can get with a standard 70V transformer would be the 4 W tap. This would give you a 153:1 impedance ration, instead of the 125:1 impedance ratio you desire. Not exact, but maybe close enough.
Regards,
Kral

compugeni

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Re: Need help : an alternative component to audio transforme

well
its very difficult to get audio transformer of this spec.i have been trying to get it but could not find it i tried to get it manusfactured but the performance was not good. than i shifted to the design.i hope you are using it at output stage of classB amplifier i changed the power amp from class B to class AB and got rid of audio transformer

compugeni

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.