Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need for a low pass filter with cutoff frequency around 10mhz

Status
Not open for further replies.

mostafah67

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all
As I said I need a lowpass filter with cutoff frequency around 10Mhz, the most important thing i need is that the filter response in transition region is linear as much as possible,and it decrease monotonically because I use the filter In this region and it is important that filter response in this region was such,I think a 5 or 6 order chebyshev filter has such feature, what's your idea? Which kind of filater is better?

Which frequency? Milli or Mega-Hertz?
Which slope requirements in the transition region?
Why do you assume that a Chebyshev response has "such a feature"? Why not Butterworth, for example?

Which frequency? Milli or Mega-Hertz?
Which slope requirements in the transition region?
Why do you assume that a Chebyshev response has "such a feature"? Why not Butterworth, for example?

hi, thanks for your answer
-10 mega hertz i mean
-about why chebyshev filter, i mistook and i meant butterworth filter because i saw its response and i guessed it' would be appropriate.
- and about the slope of the filter in transition region, in fact i want to use this filter as a frequency to voltage converter and so i think it slope should be large enough so that it can accurately sense the variation in frequency.
what do you think, can i use a filter as F/V or there are better choices for this work?!

A V/f converter counts signal edges or measures period time and generates a DC voltage proportional to the frequency, preferably independent of the signal amplitude.That's quite different from a filter.

ok thanks , i need to know more about frequency to voltage converters and it's principles, do you know any good reference?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back