Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need explanation of working of ic 7HCT245

Status
Not open for further replies.

npriya

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
74hct245 project io

can you explain the working of ic 7HCT245

7hct245 datasheet

Hi,

I think this is a one of the octal bus transceiver. This is designed for asynchronous two-way communication between data buses. The control-function implementation
minimizes external timing requirements. If its correct means give me your project details I will give more information about your project and the IC.

Regards,
Anand.A

Re: project

Hope it is 74HCT245. You are sitting in front of a pile up of information on the net. You just need to google it. Any ways instead asking such silly questions you may have a look at the datasheet yourself. Good luck

The IC 74HCT 245 is the Bidirectional Buffer IC and it is having 8 + 8 i/o pins named A0 -A7 and B0 - B7 .

When the OE poin is Set High , There will be No Data transfers in the 74HCT245 and the IO lines from A0-A7 and B0 - B7 will be in High impedence state ..

when OE is Set to low ,

a) when DIR Pin Set to low , the Dats available at the Input B0-B7 will be available at A0-A7

b) when DIR Pin Set to High , the Data available at the Input A0-A7 will be available at B0-B7

This is the operation of 74HCT245.

These things you can find out in the Datasheets itself in the Function table or Truth table section of the datasheet.

Octal 3-State Noninverting Bus Transceiver With LSTTL-Compatible Inputs
The 74HCT245 is identical in pinout to LS245. The device has TTL-Compatible Inputs. The HCT245 is a 3-state noninverting transceiver that is used for 2-way asynchronous Communication between data buses. The device has an active-low Output Enable pin, which is used to place the I/O ports into high-impedance states. The Direction control determines whether data flows from A to B or from B to A. By ON Semiconductor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back