text2babu

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
convolutional coding viterbi decoding

hello,

i am working on 1/2 rate convolutional encoding/decoding, the encoding part is very easy, but i am not getting the decoding part, can any body help in this regard

Thank you,
Narendra

Salam,

U need to know the viterbi decoding algorithm.
U can find it explained briefly in " Wireless Communication - Andrea goldsmith ", you can find it at the book upload section.

Hope that helps.

regards,

U can also refer to " Digital Communications" to get more informations about viterbi decoding algorithm.

If you want the decoding algorithm for Convolution Encoder First you refer the matlab command "vitdec" i.e Viterbi Decoder.

i think it may help you littlebit

For initial understanding of 1/2-rate Viterbi decoder, use "digital communications, fundamentals & Applications" by saklar... specially its Viterbi decoding example is very illustrative....

1st hand info about traceback length, puncturing and soft/hard decision of VD is ava in matlab helpdesk for "vitdec" command..

this is a best version.
try it

convolutional coding viterbi decoding

me too working on 1/2 rate convolutional encoding/decoding, can u help me get the logic diagarm for the convolutional encoder for rate 1/2 and constraint length 6, i need this for my project.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…