Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need Convolutional Decoding Algorithm

Status
Not open for further replies.

text2babu

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
convolutional coding viterbi decoding

hello,

i am working on 1/2 rate convolutional encoding/decoding, the encoding part is very easy, but i am not getting the decoding part, can any body help in this regard

Thank you,
Narendra

Salam,

U need to know the viterbi decoding algorithm.
U can find it explained briefly in " Wireless Communication - Andrea goldsmith ", you can find it at the book upload section.

Hope that helps.

regards,

U can also refer to " Digital Communications" to get more informations about viterbi decoding algorithm.

If you want the decoding algorithm for Convolution Encoder First you refer the matlab command "vitdec" i.e Viterbi Decoder.

i think it may help you littlebit

For initial understanding of 1/2-rate Viterbi decoder, use "digital communications, fundamentals & Applications" by saklar... specially its Viterbi decoding example is very illustrative....

1st hand info about traceback length, puncturing and soft/hard decision of VD is ava in matlab helpdesk for "vitdec" command..

convolutional coding viterbi decoding

me too working on 1/2 rate convolutional encoding/decoding, can u help me get the logic diagarm for the convolutional encoder for rate 1/2 and constraint length 6, i need this for my project.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back