Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need components for a very small PCB for a PIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

moises_l

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Very small PCB for a PIC

I have to design the simplest pcb as possible for a pic16f876a to use two pwm outputs. I think i only have to use a voltage regulator, the clock circuit and the reset circuit. The problem is that the components of these circuits are too large. The largest dimensions of the circuit are 13mmx11mmx3mm. I would like to know if there are any of the components that i need that fit with these dimensions.

Re: Very small PCB for a PIC

Hi Moises_I,

are you fixed to F876?? As example take a F737 in the QFN package, use on-chip oszillator or small 32kHz crystal. When it fit also in your size.

Greetings...

The internal reset with brown-out detection is also more than adequate.
No need for external reset.

Maybe try a part with an internal oscillator, and make it with off-board regulation, or use the smaller 78L05 instead of the 7805 (if you don't draw more than 50-100mA).

Only chance is to make this PCB with SMD components.
Tip: You can use smaller uC and simulate two PWM with two timers.

Hope it's help.

I don't know your exact requirements, but a suggestion may be to do 2 small PCBs stacked on top of each other with washers and nuts separating them. connect them together using IDE or Molex connectors or even screw terminals

Status
Not open for further replies.