Not open for further replies.

benelec

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I'm trying to drive a piezo pump which requires two seperate (opposing) signals at around 250V/150Hz.

Any ideas how I can generate this from a 3.3V system?

I was thinking of using EL backlight drivers, but would have no control over the phase using these.

Thanks....
Ben

Could use a simple oscillator and transformer. For example a plasma ball uses a circuit to convert 6-12Vdc into 5-7kVac @ 35 kHz. You'll probably need a large transformer to run at 150Hz, consider your application to see if you can operate at a higher frequency.

I guess, the operation frequency can't be changed at will. You should tell about the actor capacitance! The transformer can be possibly small, a standard power supply transformer with a few VA nominal power may be sufficient.

Actually, do you need A.C. or just +250V and -250V referenced to ground? The high voltage lines can be modulated to the required frequency. If you require A.C. you'll have to build an inverter, otherwise, you can use a DC-DC converter.

Status
Not open for further replies.