Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need a new innovative idea for biomedical project for prefinal year

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaavinnathakkar

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i am a prefinal year student of biomedical engineering.
i am in search for an innovative idea for making a project for my final year as i want to start making it from now itself.
please suggest me if anyone knows any website having info about this,or any idea about this,or any material regarding this.

thank u in advance

Recently there was a need of a power supply for trans-dermal drug delivery (drug delivery through skin).

a_tem.jpg

This reference gives a microcontroller based power supply for such application known as iontophoresis power supply.
Their power supply looks like this:
ionto_paper.jpg

The iontophoresis power supply I referred had slightly different specifications, current was few milliamperes and ON time and OFF time was controlled using Thumbwheel switches. This power supply is in use for research at few M.Pharm research centres. It looks like this:
Iontophoresis Power supply ON state.jpg

This is a good idea and can further be improved if needed, you can think about this is live project.
ARK

Attachments

• a_tem.jpg
    a_tem.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 73

Just a thought, but in prosthesis design microcontroller driven memory wire could be used to smooth out tremors in fine motor control.

The "art" is in the control software itself, use MATLAB to model the system and tune the PID parameters.

Search for terms like "Robust System Design", and "Robust PID control".

A demonstration project could involve a single finger stabilization, or an ankle force/angle detection to make
a braced leg easier to walk with (much better than statically loaded springs).

Status
Not open for further replies.