Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need a fingerprint reader with RS232 connectivity

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaiser.kasa

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi

i am searching for a fingerprint reader which reads the fingerprint and gives the data in RS232 protocol format (not USB). i just want the fingerprint image and i want to do the processing in matlab; i dont want the entire processing to be done on the fingerprint reader. so can any1 please tel me where can i find one such fingerprint reader......

thanx a lot...

but as i have told..i just want to capture the image and do the processing in matlab using neural network. so i dont want the processing to be done, in other words i dont want a stand alone system. i want just a fingerprint reader with RS232 connectivity..

plz if any 1 has any info abt this, plz do post it...

Check this..
**broken link removed**
Their Finger print sensor works on SPI while their module works on RS232.

See whether it suitable to you

Nishal

thanx a lot nishal...

that info was of indeed great help. can u please tell me where to buy these in india? i mean who is the delaer? and wat would be the price? are there any available fingerprint readers in india with such SPI or RS232 interface, jus like the one above (shud jus give image , need not process it).

Status
Not open for further replies.