Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need a charging circuit for 12V 7.2Ah Amaron Quanta Lead acid Battery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Often, peoples dont know how something will work practically in real environment, calc is made all checked but, often is needed prototype for testing. Real environment usage showup what is needed to change and what is ok.

Yes try that like you say, but with new battery this what you have is bad, you discharge battery at 8V level.

i tried this just to check any change in performance of battery.

Any suggestion to design circuit as per post 29

Hello

I have tested the circuit by setting charging 13.8 Volt and seems battery takes approx 15 hours to fully charged from 10.8 Volt. At 10.8 Volt the charging current is 400mA.
then i increased the charging voltage to 14.5 Volt with current 700mA along with cutoff at 13.8 Volt, then battery gets fully charged in 6 hours.

So is there any harm on battery by increasing charging voltage along with cut off at 13.8 volt

Actually i want to design circuit which can gives best result in all batteries from all manufacturers.
send me circuit at cmsrlabs@gmail.com

Hello cmsrlabs,
Can you kindly send me the PIC Microcontroller circuit that you made for lead-acid battery charging circuit?
I want that circuit for my project.
Thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back