Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Near field simulation in CST MWS

Status
Not open for further replies.

kirthiinu

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi

Has anybody used CST MWS to measure the power radiated in the radiating near field of antenna? Power in the farfield can be measured. But, I also want to measure the power in the near field.

I understand power varies with 1/r, so it will not be same. But, I just need to measure the power in the near field.

Also, can you do nearfield simulation in CST MWS? How do you do that?

Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks.

Hi

Has anybody used CST MWS to measure the power radiated in the radiating near field of antenna? Power in the farfield can be measured. But, I also want to measure the power in the near field.

I understand power varies with 1/r, so it will not be same. But, I just need to measure the power in the near field.

Also, can you do nearfield simulation in CST MWS? How do you do that?

Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks.
in the field monitor choose farfield/RCS , but you can set the distance of the measurement plate from the origin in the rightdown part of setting window for farfield/RCS, so you can choose your distance for near field simulation, then after simulation finished you can see the power radiated in the 1D result's power subfolder

hope this help you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back