Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Near field distribution in CST

Status
Not open for further replies.

ver3ai

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi
I'm trying to simulate an H-shaped antenna in CST . In the paper there are graphs of near field distribution as you can see in the following image. Should I use plane wave or Waveguide port for excitation source to obtain the same results ?
and one other thing. in the paper , it says that "The H-shaped antenna is illuminated by an x-polarized light source from the top along the z-axis with amplitude of 1 V/m." . I checked the plane wave setting and there's an option of defining the electric field strength but there's no such thing for waveguide port . and in the other hand I can not excite the antenna for higher modes with plane wave .

so I would really appreciate if someone gave me some hints for these problems in CST MWs .

thanks

1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.