Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

NCSU CDK errors: undefined model tsmc25p and tsmc25n

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashi

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have recently installed NCSU CDK 1.5.0 and
when i simulate any circuit i get this error

"Error found by spectre during circuit read-in.
input.scs: M1 is an instance of an undefined model tsmc25P.
input.scs: M0 is an instance of an undefined model tsmc25N.
spectre terminated prematurely due to fatal error."

i have cadence ic 5.0.33 under redhat 8
thanks in advance

cdsenv modelfiles

you need to locate the model file after you select a simulator.

.cdsenv modelpath

asueee0 said:
you need to locate the model file after you select a simulator.
Isn't there anyway to locate the models once without the need to do it with every design or simulation i make ?

spectre.envopts modelfiles

oh, a simple way is: select "save state" (in analog enviroment), which includes many options, one of the them is model path, so each time you loard you design, the saved state will be loaded, and so does the model path stored in the state.

however, if you start a new design, you still need to locate the model file for the first time, i know that is still be tedious, since the model path incide the ncsu cdk is long, so you could simply copy the model files of your interest to a short path, like /home.

ncsu cdk hspiced

asueee0 said:
oh, a simple way is: select "save state" (in analog enviroment), which includes many options, one of the them is model path, so each time you loard you design, the saved state will be loaded, and so does the model path stored in the state.

however, if you start a new design, you still need to locate the model file for the first time, i know that is still be tedious, since the model path incide the ncsu cdk is long, so you could simply copy the model files of your interest to a short path, like /home.

Isn't there any thing i can do to make the cadence load these paths automatic

NCSU CDK proplem

i don't think so, isn't it conevinent enough?

Re: NCSU CDK proplem

ashi said:
asueee0 said:

Isn't there any thing i can do to make the cadence load these paths automatic

edit the .cdsenv file, where you should find it from ../local/cdssetup/

wpchan05 said:
Can you tell me what to edit in the .cdsenv?
Thanks in advance

ashi said:
wpchan05 said:
Can you tell me what to edit in the .cdsenv?
Thanks in advance
; spectre environment variables
;--------------------------------------------------------------------------
try this:

spectre.envOpts modelFiles string "/usr/local/cadence/ic/5141usr/local/models/spectre/standalone/ami06N.m /usr/local/cadence/ic/5141usr/local/models/spectre/standalone/ami06P.m /usr/local/cadence/ic/5141usr/local/models/spectre/standalone/ami16N.m /usr/local/cadence/ic/5141usr/local/models/spectre/standalone/ami16P.m /usr/local/cadence/ic/5141usr/local/models/spectre/standalone/tsmc35N.m /usr/local/cadence/ic/5141usr/local/models/spectre/standalone/tsmc35P.m /usr/local/cadence/ic/5141usr/local/models/spectre/standalone/tsmc25N.m /usr/local/cadence/ic/5141usr/local/models/spectre/standalone/tsmc25P.m"

ashi

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

wpchan05 said:
spectre environment variables
try this:

spectre.envOpts modelFiles string "/usr/local/cadence/ic/5141usr/local/models/spectre/standalone/ami06N.m /usr/local/cadence/ic/5141usr/local/models/spectre/standalone/ami06P.m /usr/local/cadence/ic/5141usr/local/models/spectre/standalone/ami16N.m /usr/local/cadence/ic/5141usr/local/models/spectre/standalone/ami16P.m /usr/local/cadence/ic/5141usr/local/models/spectre/standalone/tsmc35N.m /usr/local/cadence/ic/5141usr/local/models/spectre/standalone/tsmc35P.m /usr/local/cadence/ic/5141usr/local/models/spectre/standalone/tsmc25N.m /usr/local/cadence/ic/5141usr/local/models/spectre/standalone/tsmc25P.m"

What about Hspice?

The HSpice envirnomental variables has been given in the NCSU CDK !!!

wpchan05 said:
The HSpice envirnomental variables has been given in the NCSU CDK !!!

but i face same problem when using hspice

Look at the netlist created by Spectre when you intend to use hspice. If the netlist shows you the model params, hspice should be happy with the netlist. Anyway, my hspiceS envirnomental variable setup is :

; hspiceS environment variables
hspiceS.envOpts modelPath string "/usr/local/cadence/ic/5141usr//local/models/hspice/public"

If you want to use hspiceD, you need Conversion tool box (from CIW) to convert the existing hspice models for the hspice simulation.

Hope this help,

ashi

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.