Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

NC verilog switching activity and power

Status
Not open for further replies.

peen1

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All,
What is the command in NC verilog that produces the switching activity file used by power compiler. I am trying to calculate dynamic power and have a good testbench

Your thought seem a little innovative. According to my experice, you can make a power consumption using Synopsys PrimePower.

I used the vcd file dumped from the simulator to estimate the power by power compiler. maybe that is you want to know.

First dump a vcd file. Then use vdc2saif to convert vcd file to switching activity file.
Another method, when you simulating using NC, add a PLI in power compiler. I forget the name PLI. Using the PLI, a system task can be called in NC to generate switching activity file.

hi all,

I need a help from u all. In my ongoing research work, I need to use the Synopsys PrimePower and the PrimeTime.But I have no clue of how to use these tools and also I am suffering a lack of resources .

Can u plz let me know about any user's guide or any other relevant document ,for these tools which would help me to work smoothly with these tools, otherwise, I have really no clue of working them out.

My IDs:
jug.ece(at)gmail.com
jug_nitd(at)yahoo.co.in

Thanks

Jugantor

Use VCD dump to log the switching activity of your GL-netlist or RTL. Then convert it to the format you need (usually the tools you will be reporting power with have an utility for this conversion).

IMPORTANT: Don't forget that your power estimative is only accurate if the test case you are simulating produces meaningful stimuli that will occur in the final product.

hope it helps

cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back