Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

n channel mosfet switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

govardhanamma

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi,
i want use irf 630 n-channel mosfet by grounding the drain voltage and by applyin -5v to the source resistor,and by gradualliy increasing the gate voltage from 0v to saturation of mosfet ,will this circuit will work ,my aim is to achieve -5v across resistor during off condition of mosfet ,.......will it work

hi,
i want use irf 630 n-channel mosfet by grounding the drain voltage and by applyin -5v to the source resistor,and by gradualliy increasing the gate voltage from 0v to saturation of mosfet ,will this circuit will work ,my aim is to achieve -5v across resistor during off condition of mosfet ,.......will it work

Ok why do u want to complicate matters by grounding drain ?
it will need u to apply positive isolated vgate in ref. to source, or to apply higher voltage than min 5v to start with.
why dont u post the circuit u trying to make and ill help.
dselec

59_1326995894.jpg

we have connected the circuit as given in the image but we have connected drain to the ground and source to supply i,e -5v, trough a resistor of 1.5k,and if VGS is 0 it is showing -3.3v across resistor after raising the gate voltage the voltage at the source is decreasing,but my doubt is with out conducting the how it is showing -3.3v at source terminal...................actually i want -5v at source terminal in off stage of MOSFET please suggest any corrections in my circuit

Connect the load to the drain and not the source side.
If you connect the load in the source side then as the current increases it will create a voltage drop across the resistor and this will increase (more positive) the voltage of the source.

Exactly as the circuit above but replace gnd with -5 and +5 with gnd

Alex

T gov..
"my aim is to achieve -5v across resistor during off condition of mosfet"
no way if u using mosfet in series of resistor.
if have resistor in paralel u will get -5v on resistor and then short the mosfet and get zero ... you will need additional resistor in series or fet, or u can use 2 transistors and connect +/_ voltage.
unless u tell us more about what u want to do ...sorry we are all wasting time here.

Status
Not open for further replies.