Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

N-Channel MOSFET RRF241

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dataman1

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi.. I just registered as Dataman 1 ( My porior was Dataman19 - but I cannot recover the account since my curernt eMail is not the same as my old email) ,,
That said..
I have acquired these MOSFETs...
Theyarr smirked as RCA RRF-241, T0-66 style Case.
..can anyone provide a data sheet?

I have IRF-241.
My device tested with Vgs= 3.14V on my DCS55 Analyzer.
The IRF241 spec sheet states Vgs=20V
Could this be related to the fact that the DCS55 analyzer is using Ig@2.50mA?
Either way... Thanks for the IRF241 Datasheet... Ihave searched forthe the RCA Datasheet, and kept getting squirrelly results.
I ties you have a better search engine than my Google Chrome

Mosfets never have an Ig of almost nothing. You said your tester uses a massive 2.5mA.
The 20V is the maximum allowed Vgs and a higher voltage will destroy it.
The Mosfet conducts drain to source 250uA when Vgs is the threshold voltage of 2V to 4V and its on-resistance is spec'd when Vgs is 10V like many other Mosfets.

Your Mosfets are very old.

My device tested with Vgs= 3.14V on my DCS55 Analyzer.
The IRF241 spec sheet states Vgs=20V
You are confusing Vgs(th) with maximum Vgs rating. Also 2.5 mA is surely not an Ig rather than Id value. Vgs(th) of 3 V is well in the ball park, nothing specific. More characteristic would be a Rdson measurement. Also Cgs and Cds and Vds(br) can give an indication if RRF241 is similar to IRF241, despite of having a different case.

Sorry Gang.. I have a DCA55 tester... This stupid Verizon tablet auto changed it to DCA85 instead of DCA55. My bad

I do not know why I called it an N-Gate MOSFET....please forgive me AudioGeru...I misquoted the part..

FvM... My tablet text editor will not let me type the notation correctly..... That and thus stupid auto correct keeps inserting Chinese English.., which us why air takes me 10 minutes to type asquadron paragraph.... 1minute to type it... 6 minutes to make corrections and in due auto correct .., and three minutes to fight autocorrect when it changes "I entered the HEX editor to do line code edits.." to "I heard the editor and a clothesline to...

Status
Not open for further replies.