Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Multiplexer using Transmission gate design cadence

Status
Not open for further replies.

culstar

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everyone..
I have to design a 8x1 multiplexer using transmission gate logic at 800MHz frequency with 100fF load capacitance. I have already designed the circuit.
I am supplying input as Vsource with pulse waveform and period as 1.25 ns. But even at 2x1 multiplexer level with transmission gates, I am getting my output clipped.
Input = 0 to 1.8V
Vdd=1.88V
W/L(p)=12u/180n
W/L(n)=6u/180n

The output pulse varies from 0.75 V to 1.8V with some delay (Obviously).

Can you please help me to avoid this output clipping to get my output from 0 to 1.8 V with minimum delay time and area, as I also have to draw the layout diagram........

Doesn't make sense for correctly designed transmission gates. Maybe wrong gate voltages (NMOSFETs not switched on).

Doesn't make sense for correctly designed transmission gates. Maybe wrong gate voltages (NMOSFETs not switched on).

Sorry my bad, got the problem. The Vdd in one of the invertors was a pulse signal which was creating the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.