Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Multiple waveguide ports in FEKO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rorom

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I've got a problem using AW card.
I want to put 2 AW cards on a circular port. But FEKO doesn't want !
His error message :
"Multiple excitations at a waveguide port do not have consistent geometry specification".

Have you already encountered this message before ?

Thanx
:)

Hi Rorom,

Why you want to put two excitations on a single port? If you want to specify higher-order modes, I think you can do that by just using one excitation AW card, right?

Hi RayFEKO,

In fact, I want to have a circular polarization on a circular waveguide port, based on the combination of two TE11 modes.
I finally asked FEKO technical support. They asked me that in Suite 5.1, you can't define multiple excitations on a single waveguide port. The solution for this problem is to run FEKO for on excitation, then run FEKO for the second excitation. After, you have to superpose far-field.

Are you a FEKO user ?

Nice to meet you

Few people in this world are using FEKO !

Thanx RayFEKO

Added after 10 minutes:

Ho, I've just seen that you are working for FEKO !

So maybe you can tell me what FEKO can't do ! I'm using FEKO for a period of tests ! We're a bit disappointed about FEKO's limitations. In the doc, there is no restriction about the use of multiple AW card, but it seems to be the contrary in real life

Nevermind, it's quite interesting to use this software !

Added after 10 minutes:

Ho, I've just seen that you are working for FEKO !

So maybe you can tell me what FEKO can't do ! I'm using FEKO for a period of tests ! We're a bit disappointed about FEKO's limitations. In the doc, there is no restriction about the use of multiple AW card, but it seems to be the contrary in real life

Nevermind, it's quite interesting to use this software !

Rorom--I think you have to go through the "superimpose" step with any other commercial em field solver. so you can't really say this is a big weakness of Feko.

Hi Rorom,

Nice to meet you here. Yes, I am working for FEKO, but I only joined the company three months ago. So my experience with FEKO is still very limited. But I realize that I start to like FEKO more and more. It has several distinctive advantages that make it really unique. MLFMM and hybridization with PO/UTD/FEM make it very powerful for electrically large structures or complicated environment. Of course, since so many numerical techniques are involved, sometimes FEKO has higher requirements for its users. You will need spend some time to consider the tradeoffs and find an optimal method for your specific problem. Regarding the limitations you mentioned, I think sometimes the user manual is trying to state things in a general way instead of being specific, though it already lists some restrictions on several methods or cards, like FEM, UTD,BO, GF,etc. I bet you will like it more as you play more with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back