Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

multiple SMPS Voltages

Status
Not open for further replies.
Triangle WAVE????? i didnt understand.

the most used IC and avaible IC is sg3525 and i il also use it?

did current have any relation with frequency for BOOST circuit?

Muhammad , are you familiar with SPWM and link inverters ? do you know the difference between SPWM and PWM ? and in the other hand , are you familiar with class D amplifier basics ? Yes , triangle wave ! but not for first stage ! for 2nd stage .

i m not familier with it. i hv only worked with PWM controller(sg3525) which is used to draw gate of the IRF540 and then transformer stuff. i hv heard this first time

hummmmmm !!!! no problem ! for understanding meaning behind SPWM and PWM see my blogs please , after that if you didn't understand , i can simplify it for you .

i think its for 50Hz pulse. i was asking frequency for BOOST section (12VDC - 350VDC). what frequency should i use to do this

u mean to say for 12vdc-350vdc, i should use nearly 100KHz and for 50Hz inverter, i should use 50KHz carrier Freq

Rite?

can u tell me the procedure for SPWM, i mean related to hardware, IC etc

What do you mean by that ? would you like to know how to create SPWM for your purpose ? or you just need the name of components ?

As you probably know , SPWM , got from Pulse Width Modulation and SPWM is Sinusoidal Pulse Width Modulation .
For SPWM , we will have many ways to create ! but the best way that you can choose is this :
Comparison between a pure sine wave and a triangular wave which has higher frequency . ( in practice we have to select Ftri=10Fsin ) ( at least ! if you select more than this , it will be better .)
you should use a comparator such as LM311 or LM339 or LM319 or ...... etc to do comparing between your triangle wave and sine wave !
And don't forget to create enough dead time for Between your SPWM and SPWM' . each SPWM consists a high frequency spectrum and a low frequency spectrum . if you use an LPF after your SPWM , you'll have your message signal ( sine wave )
I hope you got the idea.

the whole idea is great but the implementation of such things are not so simple. i got the whole idea of SPWM didnt know how to maintain deadband and other parameter related to hardware (MOSFET problems, inductors etc). becz i have to select the components which match woth others

i il try to research this first

It is pretty simple , but you need to earn some experiences , that i think you haven't now , but you should try , if you can do this project , you'll learn many things from it . for dead time: it is very simple. you can use an schmitt trigger not gate and an RCD network . try , to research about it , if you can't earn success , be sure that i'll help you .
Wish you the best
Goldsmith

i had use the snubber, but there is still the noise....

my ferrit tafo is hot,
and still therre is a noise like a clock walk tough i had use the snubber.....

Dear Pol
Hi again
If your ferrite is going to be warm , it means that it's size isn't enough , or perhaps it didn't design for this range of frequency .
And about noise , did you see me previous suggestions ? creating enough gap space and use , some glue .
Best Luck
Goldsmith

my ferrit trafo size is ac= 1 cm², aw=1,44cm²

dont you think its good to generated 13,8 v, i=0,5 A with vin = 25 v,using sg 3524 to generated pwm 20 khz

n1=60, n2= 50

hummmm ! it shouldn't be worm . are you sure that the current through it is just 0.5 A? be sure about it .

yes 0,5 A,the output is not stabil its, around 12,8 till 15,2 volt..

i want my output stabil 13,8 v,with the current 0,5 a...

in the sg3524, to make the output stabil that we want its there a formula....
i hav did it, but the output there is not stabil and still generated a noise like a clock walk...

Status
Not open for further replies.