Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

multiple inputs issue :] Need help :]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pavithra89

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi edaboardians
I need your help. Hope I get some solution.How to accept multiple inputs and latch them into registers?
I'm using a 8051 micro-controller and FPGA connected to each other because of which I've got only some pins available to do some operations.
Basically what I've to do is store some values in look up table in 8051 and send these to FPGA . In FPGA, I have to employ 4 programmable down counter blocks that takes values stored in LUT's in 8051 as preset values for counter.
I've done some thinking and have drawn & attached a simple schematic as to what I have to do.
As per the schematic, register1 holds first row of LUT i.e., 'A', '1', '2' each are of 4bit wide and this is the preset value for counter1 and 2nd row for counter2 and so on......
I'm able to write the code for MC part and send the data but the problem is I'm not getting how to latch the data into the registers in FPGA.
Fun part is that I've got only 8 pins available which is connected to FPGA--- among which 4 pins for data_in, 1 pin to produce a clock using timer to drive FPGA and 3 more which s not doing any job ;)
I need some idea as to how to do it. Please guide me in this. Any suggestion is accepted :) ....
Regards

Attachments

• untitled.bmp
    995.7 KB · Views: 60

Maybe you could use the 3 spare pins as the Register address..

Hi TrickyDicky
Thank you for ur reply
What is Register address? Im confused...
Regards

With 3 bits, you can use them to select which register to write too. 000 means reg 0, 001 means 1 etc. You asked how you could chose which one to write to.

@TrickyDicky thank u I got it... :]
Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.