Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Multiple Frequency Excitation using discrete port in CST

Status
Not open for further replies.

dj1uc

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everyone,

I would like to excite an object via a single discrete port. The excitation is somewhat complicated in the sense that I need to excite only a couple of discrete frequencies with each a selectable amplitude. All frequencies shall be excited simultaneously by the discrete port. How can I realize such an excitation?
Thank you very much for your help!

There might be more than one method.

Sweeping sine wave from lowest to highest frequency. Cater its sweep speed to the response time needed at each frequency of interest. That is to say, how many cycles it takes the network to let itself be instigated into resonant behavior at that frequency?

One click (sudden change in voltage), may be sufficient to instigate all networks to ring (oscillate for a few cycles). Immediately after the click it could make a difference whether you connect the network to low impedance or high impedance, depending on topology.

White noise at high amplitude. Supposedly it contains all frequencies, therefore all networks should respond (in theory). However it may depend on a networks Q figure, which is a clue to its amount of inertia.

Thank you for your response!
For me solution 1) sounds most promising, as 3) would excite all frequencies. Assuming I want to do an excitation at three different frequencies (10MHz, 20 MHz and 30 MHz), which are simultaneously excited. How would this be implemented in CST in detail, so which solver, simulation parameters etc. need to be selected or set?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back