Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Multimeter Negative Bias

Status
Not open for further replies.

luiggipf

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
My multimeter, DT830B Digital Multimeter, is giving a negative average of -3 volts by default that means that even without connecting the leads it reads a negative number. The only part of the multimeter that dosen't appear to have the bias is the ohms reading ...

When I connect it to a 9 volts battery, it reads 6 volts on it, if i connect it to a simple cellphone charger of 5 volts DC of 1.2 A it reads 2 volts.

I was wondering if this it is broken or with some kind of adjustment problem, does the variable resistor inside it serve this purpose? I did some research on google came with no answer to the problem ... :|

Does some one know what might be the problem?

I guess it is full, I have tree batteries and all gave the same reading ... :sad:

there is no adjustment that I know on a DVMM - either works or doesn't

except for the fuse!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back