Status
Not open for further replies.

spawn-639

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi there, im new here so sorry if i posted my prob into the wrong section... Anyways this is my prob. i have this tiny controllerboard for dc motor (3.8V). i presume it is originated from vibrator probably (yes, sextoy vibrator ) but this is exactly what i need right now.

**broken link removed**

this the board... i think that the transistor is dead, cuz the insulative papertape was burnt at that place.... i got the new transistor for replacement but still does't work. Nupp is Button in estonian. so it should work like this, press button once-4times it changes motor speed (100%, rapid pulsing, slow pulse, 50%) and for the 5th time to turn it off. now im looking is there anything else that i could DIY. ? but still using only 1 micro button and not any analog pot.

Thank you for all the help

Because your description is (I belief) some suspect/unclear...
K.

The black epoxy blob marked "???" is likely a microprocessor COB (chip-on-board). The logical solution is go the DIY microprocessor route. Not very complicated if you have experience...which I doubt you do. Beyond that, I would just go out and buy another vibrator.

Ken

sadly yeah, i dont have much exp with microprocessors (yet) but atleast im trying... anyways, it would be stupid to buy another vibe just for take it apart... since i only need the controller

If you're interested in a cheap way the start with µcontrollers I would you take a look at PICAXE. **broken link removed** The 08M 8-pin chips would work and are only ~$3.50USD. The program editor and manuals are free to download. Programming is performed in BASIC from a PC through a 3-wire serial cable. If you don't have a serial port (new PCs don't), you would need a USB to serial adapter. Beyond that you would need 4 resistors, a diode, a transistor, a pushbutton, and a 3-5vdv power source (battery). There is a very active, experienced, and encouraging Forum if you need help: https://www.picaxeforum.co.uk/

Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…