Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

multifunction dc motor controller problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

spawn-639

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi there, im new here so sorry if i posted my prob into the wrong section... Anyways this is my prob. i have this tiny controllerboard for dc motor (3.8V). i presume it is originated from vibrator probably (yes, sextoy vibrator :D) but this is exactly what i need right now.

**broken link removed**

this the board... i think that the transistor is dead, cuz the insulative papertape was burnt at that place.... i got the new transistor for replacement but still does't work. Nupp is Button in estonian. so it should work like this, press button once-4times it changes motor speed (100%, rapid pulsing, slow pulse, 50%) and for the 5th time to turn it off. now im looking is there anything else that i could DIY. ? but still using only 1 micro button and not any analog pot.

Thank you for all the help :)

Because your description is (I belief) some suspect/unclear...
K.

The black epoxy blob marked "???" is likely a microprocessor COB (chip-on-board). The logical solution is go the DIY microprocessor route. Not very complicated if you have experience...which I doubt you do. Beyond that, I would just go out and buy another vibrator. ;)

Ken

sadly yeah, i dont have much exp with microprocessors (yet) :D but atleast im trying:)... anyways, it would be stupid to buy another vibe just for take it apart:D... since i only need the controller :)

If you're interested in a cheap way the start with µcontrollers I would you take a look at PICAXE. **broken link removed** The 08M 8-pin chips would work and are only ~$3.50USD. The program editor and manuals are free to download. Programming is performed in BASIC from a PC through a 3-wire serial cable. If you don't have a serial port (new PCs don't), you would need a USB to serial adapter. Beyond that you would need 4 resistors, a diode, a transistor, a pushbutton, and a 3-5vdv power source (battery). There is a very active, experienced, and encouraging Forum if you need help: https://www.picaxeforum.co.uk/

Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back