Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Multiconductor problems!

Status
Not open for further replies.

grandizer

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear
I have to simulate a multi conductor structure formed from 3 parallel wires for calculating the Modal characteristic impedance Z0.
The wire has the dimension w, spaced by s , and has a thickness t , and a height h over a one common ground plate ( conductor number 4).
I starting by assigning a wave port ( containing all the cross section of the wires) for the structure and I proposed 3 modes per port.
Also I defined a terminal line from each conductor to ground .
The solution doesn't converge
Sad .
I do manual meshing but also no chance ..
I changed the boundary from pec to finite conductivity also I encountered the same problem.
When I solved for ports only, I founded an unpredictable result for the Z0 ?
Plesae can somebody help me ...
Thanks a lot

It sounds that you have something that might resemble a differential CPW with a ground plane.

Look into the online help in the "calculation fo impedance" area and I think you will find a helpful discussiion. Pay attention to both the impedance lines and the form of the impedance calculation, Zpv, Zpi, etc.

I suspect that you may find that you need to examine more than the first three modes.

Don't give up, you should be able to get it to work.

Dear ..thank you for your reply , actually I try to simplify the problem to 3 conductor equally spaced and has a same height h , but the real case is 5 conductors spaced s1,s2,..s5 and the height is h1,h2,h3..,h5 respectively.
Also what I expect that the problem should be reciprocal i.e the modal characteristic impedance Zvi from both ports ( 1 and 2 ) should be the same .
But in my case I don't get the result..
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back