Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

multi Vt optimization

Status
Not open for further replies.

shavakmm

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
astsetmultivtmode

Can we use the same multi Vt optimization method used in logic synthesis in physical synthesis also i.e first syntheize using high Vt library abd then optimize with low Vt library ?

We don't have to follow this approach to do Multi VT optimization. The tools are too good, they can perform the Multi VT optimization. All you need to do is read in both HVT and LVT libraries and merge them into a single library. The tool can use the cells according to the path ( critical paths - HVT and non critical paths - LVT cells). I am refering to Magma's Blast Fusion tool.

i am working with synopsys astro. i have two reference libraries-one is hvt library and the other is lvt library. there is one command to set multi vt mode 'astSetMultiVtMode'...is this command sufficient for multi vt optimization? which stage of the design flow this command should be given?

rgds
murali
https://asic-soc.blogspot.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back