Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Multi vdd design using SOC-Encounter

Status
Not open for further replies.

farzaneh_2561

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi every body,
I trying to commit a cpf file on my design,(my design includes 4 power domain). My std cell library didn't have a level shifter cell so i designed one myself and generated its .lef and .lib files.
but when I commit the cpf file it doesn't insert any level shifter and give some warnings (not errors) as follows:
location domain PD2 does not have hinst to insert level_shifter
or
location domain PD3 does not have hinst to insert level_shifter

can anybody tell me what the problem is? Does it have something to do with my self-designed level shifter cell?
I really appreciate your help!

in which tool you are, RC?
in encounter you should assign some rows for each power domain to be allow the tool to place the level shifter in the right power domains.

I finally added some LS, but the tool only place them in default power domain!
I used the "valid_location to" option (when defining level shifter in cpf file)to insert them in destination power domain, but it didnt work!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back