Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Multi-standard Multi-band Transmitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alaa El-Din Mohamed

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi :)

My work team are responsible for designing Multi-standard Multi-band (GPS, GSM, Bluetooth and WiFi) Transmitter. Could you help me concerning where to start from (text books or so) as it's our first time for designing any TRx.

In other words, How to get theoretical background to be able to start designing a RF Transmitter?
Thanks in advance :)

Last edited:

GPS is not transmitting standard, it's just a GPS Receiver..
The other Tranceiver standards are using different modulation schemes and each standard has its own power levels,modulation scheme,data rate,time domain or frequency domain multiplexing.. etc etc..
You can not find a single device that performs all of those standards simultaneously.Each transceiver can be designed seperately and they can be lay down on a single substrate but it's quite tough...

GPS is not transmitting standard, it's just a GPS Receiver..
True indeed. Generally speaking, a digital IQ modulated test generator would be able to produce most of the said standards, possibly including GPS, but I'm not sure what should be it's purpose. You can buy these generators from companies like Agilent.

Do you know any text books discussing System level design of RF Transmitters? I found chapter 4 in "RF Microelectronics, 2nd ed. by Razavi " but I want more or is it enough?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back