Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Multi frequency AC analysis, how ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kavea

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I'm wondering how to simulate a circuit at different frequencies with different amplitudes, for example at 1MHz with 1V, at 2MHz with 3V source etc. Since there are a lot of frequencies i can't change amplitude and frequency of a single tone voltage source manually. I need some kind of frequency dependent voltage source.. Does anyone know how to proceed in this case ? I use LTSpice and Ansoft Designer simulators

• You can superimpose (i.e. put in series) several ac voltage sources with different frequencies and voltages
  • Or you can use an FM ac source and modulate it with a (lower) frequency spectrum
  • You can sweep the frequency of an ac voltage source during an ac analysis (but only with constant voltage, and only analysing the current frequency)

You can use the .step function to step the param F.
Then replace the numerical frequency value in the sine Voltage Source with "{F}".
Look at the help for for .step to see how it works.

And what about Harmonic Balance analysis ?

Single frequency and constant amplitude are parameters from time domain analysis.

Status
Not open for further replies.