Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

.mt# files blank in HSPICE simulation output

Status
Not open for further replies.

gurunath.kadam

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

While running HSPICE simulations with following options:

Code:
.OPTION AUTOSTOP
.OPTION POST=2
.OPTION MEASFORM=3
.OPTION PROBE

I am getting .mt# files as blank. The output is not 'failed', but the files are completely blank with 0 bytes size.

The weird thing is with same options and measure statements I got proper output for one of simulation run, all others are failing. In each case the .tr# files are properly generated with appropriate resulting waveform.

I checked .lis, .warnlog and other corresponding files but I found no clue why this is happening.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you.

Hi,

update:

I ran earlier simulations with
Code:
-dp # -mt # -hpp
switches, when the .mt# files produced were empty.

I ran same simulations with only
Code:
-dp #
option and now my .mt# files are properly written. But this has increased my simulation time by almost 33%!

Same simulations with
Code:
-dp # -mt #
switches gave blank .mt# files. But after checking the .lis file I saw that 'hpp' was used by the simulator by itself.

Also, with multi-processing, multi-threading and parallel precision options I tried changing the .mt# files format to HSPICE default but still files were blank.

Increasing the warnlimit to 100 has not produced any warnings about .mt# files.

I will try something more meanwhile.

Thank you.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.