Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MSP430f169 Microcontroller ISR Doubt

Status
Not open for further replies.

varunrvarun

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All,

I am using MSP430F169. In our program we have this comparator ISR nested inside the PORT2 ISR. The program is designed such a way that if an external (for eg: RF) event occurs, the code should get into the PORT2 ISR. From there, we get into the Comparator ISR.

What i see here is as soon as the PORT2 ISR is called, the GIE is disabled. The code was unable to enter into the Comparator ISR since the GIE is disabled. Am seriously confused now.

Do we have to enable GIE before the code reaches the comparator everytime? I tried doing this manually and it worked. The code was able to enter into Comparator ISR.

Also, when an ISR is being serviced, will the GIE be disabled automatically? If this is the case how will nested ISR's work? Does this mean we have to enable the GIE within every ISR?

Priority wise, Comparator has got higher priority than the PORT2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back