Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MSP430 Debug Error: Error Connecting to target

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elderflower14

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I am working on MSP430F5438A and I initially downloaded the limited code size Code Composer Studio. I managed to communicate with the board and had the LEDS flashing. As I was trying to install FreeRTOS, due to the code size restriction, I uninstalled the CCS free version and installed the 30 days CCS 4.2.4.0033 Platinum edition. But now when I am trying to communicate with the board, I get the following error

TI MSP430 USB1_0/MSP430

Error connecting to the target
Could not find the device(or device is unsupported).

I am using FET 430UIF to communicate with the MCU. Sometime I get the error "FET not working"/"Could not connect to FET" similar to those lines. But the first error has been the consistent one. Any help will be appreciated highly.

Thanks.

Hi Shiva,

Thanks for those links. I did try all of them. The last option I am trying is FET firmware update. Is there anyother reason which will be causing this problem.

Thanks

it would be good to see a screen shot of the error....

and firmware update will be one option. you can also check with the earlier version of software you had...

PrtSrc.JPG

Hi Shiva,

I have attached the image of the error. I will try installing the previous version and see how it works.

thanks

Hello,

Thanks for the effort. It worked with the external power supply. The board was not receiving enough power for the FET to be able to load the program to the target. I would like to this thread has been answered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back