Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MRI RF enclosure/tent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jas123

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I am working on placing some electronics inside the MRI scanner room, but outside the 5 gauss line.

Not concerned about magnetic field shielding as electronics are outside 5 gauss and will source parts that are non-magnetic. The main concern is the RF noise from the RF imaging coils. I am looking for an off the shelf faraday cage that can provide 60-100 dB attenuation for a frequency range of 20MHz - 100MHz (1.5T machine). I have tried contacting many companies, but nobody makes something that is MRI conditional/safe. Anyone know any companies that sell any enclosures/tents/ faraday cages that can be placed inside a MRI room. Trying to avoid designing my own.

Thanks!:)

Many internet articles tell how to make a Faraday cage from a steel trash can with lid. Ground it to a wire embedded in soil. By putting radios, computers, medical devices, etc. inside it they're protected from EMP.

I've developed a lot of custom electronics for use in zone 4, often inside the bore of the magnet, both with and without shielding. Even if you did find a company willing and able to design a faraday screen, be prepared to pay a lot for it. And be prepared to have to pay even more when it turns out you need to modify. And even then, don't expect to get it certified as MR conditional/safe without paying even more.

Is there any reason you actually need to put the electronics in zone 4? There's always a feedthrough panel which is used for all the other electronics systems to penetrate the faraday screen, and often there's some extra space on that panel to add your own feedthroughs for cables and signals.

Many internet articles tell how to make a Faraday cage from a steel trash can with lid. Ground it to a wire embedded in soil. By putting radios, computers, medical devices, etc. inside it they're protected from EMP.
no steel. makes big bang when you turn on the coil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back