Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MPLAB Debugger not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

chanchal.chauhan

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello Guys,

I am using MPLAB IDE V8.36. Here my debuufer is not working. I am using PIC16F506 microcontroller & it supports the ICD2.

I am getting following message while Debugging

ICDWarn0088: A debug header is required in order to debug this part. Please make sure you are using the header part before continuing. Press OK to continue or Cancel to quit.
ICDWarn0044: Target has an invalid calibration memory value (0x0). Continue?

CD0161: Verify failed (MemType = Program, Address = 0x600, Expected Val = 0x5E4, Val Read = 0x4)
ICD0275: Programming failed.

Please help me solve the problem.

Thanks in Advance
Chanchal

Is the device powered?
Check the settings for the debugger in MPLab...see if the power is being supplied to the device.

This is a low pin count part. If you want to use the ICD2 as a debugger on this micro, you have to buy the header, which adds extra pins to use while developing your code. If you don't buy the header, you will have to use Mplab sim and the 'Try it and See' method of code development.

You need to read the data sheet about using the oscillator calibration value, which is normally loaded by the first instruction after reset. You only need to worry about this if you are relying on an accurate internal oscillator frequency.

As the programing pins are shared with other peripherals in the micro, you need to make sure they are not being loaded by your circuit.

No it wont.
Here are the headers.

**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back