Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MPLAB 8.85 problem PORT SETTING AS INPUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noman Yousaf

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i m using MPLAB 8.85.
can anybody tell me that how can i use or change the state of ports my self? is that possible or not.
i just wrote a program to turn on an led by making a port hi but when i make the port line hi, in "SFR register" window it goes lo itself without any action. i m sending the code and screen short of the mplab screen. MPLAB_SCREEN.JPG

SOFTWARE IS AS FOLLOWS.

Code ASM - [expand]
LIST   P=PIC16F676
                PROCESSOR  16F676
                #include "P16F676.INC"

__CONFIG   _CP_OFF & _CPD_OFF & _BODEN_OFF & _MCLRE_OFF & _WDT_OFF & _PWRTE_ON & _INTRC_OSC_NOCLKOUT
;THIS IS SIMPLE SOFTWARE TO TURN ON THE LED (PORTC,0)BY CHANGING THE PORTA,5 
                ORG             0

IN_SW   EQU             5               ;PORTA,5 AS INPUT

LED             EQU             0               ;PORTC,0 OUTPUT

BSF                     STATUS,RP0              ;SELECT BANK1
                        CLRF            TRISC                   ;MAKE PORTC OUTPUT
                        MOVLW           0FFH                    ;MAKE WREG 0FFH
                        MOVWF           TRISA                   ;MAKE PORTA INPUT
                        CLRF            ANSEL                   ;MAKE ALL ADC LINES AS DIGITAL INPUT

BCF                     STATUS,RP0              ;SELECT BANK0

MAIN
                        BTFSS           PORTA,IN_SW
                        GOTO            MN1
                        BSF                     PORTC,LED
                        GOTO            MAIN

MN1
                        BCF                     PORTC,LED
                        GOTO            MAIN

END

Last edited by a moderator:

When the PC is pointing to 1st instruction in MAIN then you have to set PORTA as 00000001 in SFR window. Also see if you can see IN_SW in variables window. Try to set it there. For better help zip and post your mplab project files.

File is attached
please note that porta,5 is input.

Attachments

• TEST_IDE.rar
    384 bytes · Views: 79

File is attached
please note that porta,5 is input.

Hi,

You need to use Mplab, Debugger , Stimulus - a simple example is shown with your code in the screenshot.

Just Step though your code and Fire the change to pin RA5.

See Mplabs Help, Mplab Sim , Stimulus.

This link is also helpful
**broken link removed**

Attachments

• 000036.jpg
    000036.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 98
Status
Not open for further replies.