Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Moving to Germany, any advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Engineer_Bob

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I will be moving to Germany (around Munich area) in September/October, so I’m spending all my time learning to speak German at the moment (I’m an Electronic Engineer in the UK, mostly FPGA’s and VHDL).

When I get there I will be looking for a place to live and a job. Regarding this, can anyone answer any of the questions that I’ve listed below.

I will be accompanied by my wife, and 2 large dogs so I will need to rent a house with a fenced yard.
Any advice anyone could offer here?

Can anyone provide me with a link to the German professional body for electronic engineers?

I could probably get myself chartered by the iee before I leave the UK, Is it worth doing this?

Any advice about finding a job in Germany would be appreciated.

And finally, any engineers who have moved from the UK to Germany, and are willing to offer me the benefit of their experience would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your help Engineer Bob

Why for heaven sake not landing a job prior to moving to a new country and adjusting to a new mentality and language?

If you would find a job for a Germany company, then the transition from UK to Germany would be much easier for you including accomodation - they can find a suitable apartment for you and even a job for your wife. Try to think it over, because such a move as you plan is not easy, and could be much easier if you will put more effort in landing a job before your arrival.

Hello,

I don't know why your last post was removed but I saw it before it was removed.

I was in Germany 20 years ago as a child with my family. My father got a job there, we stayed for 1 year there. Was a good experience for me. This is why I advised you that getting a job beforehand is a totally different thing than going to a new country without it.

Anyway regarding jobs, you can send your CV to the big names like:
Rohde &Schwartz, Philipis, TI, Thales Electronic Solutions is hiring now... etc. It is always good to work for an international company.

Please keep me posted...

Good luck

Auvidersehen

Status
Not open for further replies.