Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[moved] Remaing Charging Cycles on Rechargable NiMH AA 1.2V Batteries

Status
Not open for further replies.

carloszoom3000

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I'm trying to find out the remaining charging cyles on NiMH AA 1.2V rechargable batteries.

I'm placing a battery in series with a the parallel of 3 resistors of 2.2 ohms which are 5, 10 and 20 watts respectively.
To log the discharge and using an Arduino UNO and with some visual basic code i can see on every second, the voltage values measured (it also shows a graph).

When checking a functional battery it takes 15327 seconds before the curve shows it's discharge and it takes 9000 seconds on the non functional.

I would like to know what parameters i should take into account to know the remaining charging cycles.

Regards,

I would like to know what parameters i should take into account to know the remaining charging cycles.

Regards,

One important parameter is Ampere-hours. A battery has a certain capacity, which it produces as you discharge it. During its lifetime this amount drops.

Observe the amount of A-hrs which it produces during each charge/discharge cycle. Make a chart of the amount. The decline gives you an idea how much useful life remains.

One important parameter is Ampere-hours. A battery has a certain capacity, which it produces as you discharge it. During its lifetime this amount drops.

Observe the amount of A-hrs which it produces during each charge/discharge cycle. Make a chart of the amount. The decline gives you an idea how much useful life remains.

Thanks for replying.
The batteries that I'm using are Eneloop (both functional and non functional) with 2400mAh capacity.

Regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back