Status
Not open for further replies.

tutroj

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
in this circuit, how could i apply an appropriate DC bias to keep all 12 MOSFETs in saturation?

i heard there should be an equation to calculate? i'm quite confused!

- - - Updated - - -

i'm sorry, how could i get the ICMR value then put it into the Vin+, Vin- then get the DC bias?

in this circuit, how could i apply an appropriate DC bias to keep all 12 MOSFETs in saturation?

Your circuit is already biased via the 20µA current source. If this is a correct value depends on your process and its model files. You'd perhaps have to adjust the current value and/or some W/L ratios until all MOSFETs are in saturation. M6 & M7 don't necessarily have to operate in saturation (could operate in triode region).

i'm sorry, how could i get the ICMR value then put it into the Vin+, Vin- then get the DC bias?
i heard there should be an equation to calculate? i'm quite confused!

M6 + M5 each need several hundred Millivolts of saturation voltage, so Vin+, Vin- should be a threshold voltage higher.

so the vin_min=Vov1+Vov5+Vov6; Vin_max=Vdd-Vov3+Vth3, then use Vov=(2*Ibias/miu*Coxide*(w/L)) to calculate it, then input the value into DC analysis, to check each MOSFET in saturation? right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…