Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[Moved] power problem with a laser unit

Status
Not open for further replies.

zensealiu

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
One friend gave me one laser unit which supposedly emits a red laser beam (about 300mW) with one foot control pedal and one display panel. The unit comes with one power supply (12 V DC, 4.5A) which is functional correctly (verified by a multimeter). When I turned the power switch on the unit, I saw the display panel blinked and indicator light one switch blinked as well, at the frequency about 2 HZ, two pulses per second. It seemed to me there is something wrong with the circuit inside the unit which changes one DC power to the pulses.

Could you instruct me how to repair the problem

The major power problem with such lasers arises when there is a reflection and a very small proportion of the light enters the eye. As the professionals say, "do not look as laser with your remaining eye".

I don't care if you blind yourself; that's "evolution in action". I do care if you, accidently or otherwise, blind someone passing by. If you did that to me then I would do everything in my power to ensure you did not pass your genes onto the next generation. Seriously. No joking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back