Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[Moved] Need solution for power supply issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Murugesh_89

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I am using a single smps power source and give the power supply to the boards as shown below.

setup.JPG

In each board i am using a 7805 for 5v regulation. After each board the supply voltage reduces and eventually after 6 boards the voltage becomes 9V.
can you please help me to get out off this issue?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Murugesh

The diagram does not reveal how the boards are connected to each other. If they are directly connected so that each board receives input directly from the SMPS, the reason for the drop could be resistance in the PCB tracks. If so, you would need to make them wider. Ensure that there aren't any components in the way, like diodes or transistor switches. If there are any, please show their connections.

Hi tahmid,
Thanks for your reply..

Ya as you said it could be the issue with the track width also. Here i attached a new figure which can make you understand how i connected exactly.
setup.JPG

waitinh for your reply..

Regards,
Murugesh

Have you tried measuring the resistance of the path through all the boards? Several connectors and PCB traces can add up to be significant, especially at high current levels.

Status
Not open for further replies.