Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[Moved] looking for manufacturers of plastic enclosures

Status
Not open for further replies.

smgn

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello

I`m looking for manufacturers of plastic enclosures. As I understand majority of manufacturers are situated in China. When I try to find them in Google, I see many catalogues without contacts manufacturers. May be somebody has a list of manufacturers of plastic enclosures?

We are developing device similar to picture **broken link removed**, but we need some modifications

Re: plastic enclosures

I asked a similar question recently.

marce gave me this UK link with provides a good deal of basic info
http://www.protomold.co.uk/DesignGuidelines.aspx

You are right about china though - you must check it out. Tooling can
be as much as 10 times cheaper there than in the UK. (my location)

One way to get a good price and contact is to have your PCB's made
by a local but chinese owned company (they're springing up all over)
They tend to have good Chinese links for the entire build process.

good hunting.

jack

Hi 123Jack,

Polycase is a manufacturer of plastic enclosures located within the US. You can view the battery compartment product line at

https://www.polycase.com/category/vm-series.html

Polycase can also customize any of their products to accommodate holes for connectors or wires, venting slots, etc., as well as printing graphics and text directly on any of the plastic surfaces.

Some other manufacturers are listed below but I'm not sure of their customization capabilities:
www.budind.com
www.pactecenclosures.com
www.okwenclosures.com
www.hammondelec.com

One more helpful resource might be alliedelec.com. Allied Electronics is a distributor so if they do not carry what you are looking for specifically, they might be able to help you find it.

Hope this helps!
Thanks,
~Resa

plastic enclosures

Letting know where are you located, will get you better links and sugessions. Anyways, apart from the links above, you may also try www.gainta.com.tw located in Taiwan.

plastic enclosures

Thanks for the links Resa (Google is not very helpful on this subject)
I'm sorted for a while but I have no doubt I'll need something again
soon.

jack

Added after 6 minutes:

PS... the polycase web site bugs out (inc home page)
jack

Thre are numerous plastic moulding companies in the UK, a lot who now have the initial tool cut in China or India, then brought back to the UK for final alterations and for making the parts. I have had some excellent pricing this way, also with the fine tuning being done in the UK to the tool help turn round and control over the finished product.
That said I've also used Indian and Chinease moulders, the Indian manufacturers have excellent quality (top class in for all my past jobs), good prices, but deadlines can slip; the Chinease good prices, good turnround, quality OK; hense for Chinease tools I like to have the last bit done here in the UK.
I'd use all methods depending on how critical and cost effective the design requirement is.#

Re: looking for manufacturers of plastic enclosures

good day

if you are still looking for a supplier for plastic enclosures i have 1 in South Africa

i am a clearing and forwarding agent situated in Johannesburg

please let me know if you are still interested in a supplier

kind regards

jody

Try **broken link removed** they do custom enclosures

Maybe google specially limited the searching results regions by regions for some particular service or products so to protect the local economy.

I have a molding & Plastic Injection house in Dongguan of China, you may find me at **broken link removed**

Please let me know if any I could assist you on Mold making or Plastic parts manufacturing.

Hello,

I work for CamdenBoss enclosures. Some of our enclosures do come from the Far East but we also have manufacturing capabilities in the UK. We produce Custom Design enclosures from flat sheet plastic material in our facility. That might offer a suitable solution for you. Have a look at our website: Camden Boss Ltd.

Plastic koozie is one of the basic tool to make to your product more credible and fantastic. Well if you wanna know about the koozie then interact...

**broken link removed**

Last edited:

Maybe I could help you to make the plastic enclosures,
you could send me the drawings.

Jack
soppcbtech at gmail dot com
Hello

I`m looking for manufacturers of plastic enclosures. As I understand majority of manufacturers are situated in China. When I try to find them in Google, I see many catalogues without contacts manufacturers. May be somebody has a list of manufacturers of plastic enclosures?

We are developing device similar to picture **broken link removed**, but we need some modifications

Status
Not open for further replies.